Final Review Information
- Kernel C Programming. Pointers, malloc, casting void* as other things, arrays, structures with pointers included, binary arithmatic, macros, stuff we covered when talking about kernel modules
- /proc including read and write functions
- Bootloaders and startup process, a little bit (a multiple choice about bootloaders)
- Memory Management
- Process Scheduling for CPU and hard drive
- Parent, child, and zombie processes, userspace process scheduling
- Writing kernel modules
Page-by-page summary FROM LAST TIME
I will update this when I write the test, and exact point numbers and such are subject to change.
The test will be closed book, but you can bring a page of notes if you like. Any page is fine, written any way you like. It can be both sides or one side, handwritten or typed, any font size. If you have legal-size paper around, that's ok too. If you wanted to do both sides but dislike flipping pages, you can do two one-sided sheets instead.
- Cover page, no questions
- Multiple choice, 8 questions, 3 points each. General topics
- Process scheduling, memory use. 20 points total in 4 questions.
- Function pointers, fork. 21 points in two short answer questions.
- Interrupts, tricky C question. 20 points
- Virtual Memory. 1 question, 10 points.
- Memory bug question, related to project 4, 10 points