CS475 Final Review
The test will be closed book, but you can have a page of notes. Be prepared for questions on the following:
The test is divided into 5 sections:
- How encryption works in principle (key space, subsititution vs. permutation, etc)
- Modern Ciphers
- Public Key Ciphers
- Use of Data Mining for Privacy (Nearest Neighbor specifically, remember what the distance function is for)
- Buffer Overflows! This is the biggest topic on the final.
There is no RSA question.
- General. 4 questions, 27 points total.
- Presentation Questions. 28 points, 7 questions. These are short answer. All questions are worth 4 points here. The seventh question is on nuclear reactors.
- Buffer Overflows. 7 questions, 45 points.